A Lesson In: Going above and beyond your job description to make it in the corporate world with Leigh McNeal
Leigh McNeal was the only female in her office for 2 years when she first began working at Power Home Remodeling Group in Atlanta, GA. Being the only woman in a male dominated industry has its challenges, but Leigh did not let that stop her from becoming a powerful voice in the office and eventually in the entire company.
After 3 years of working as the Office Manager for the Atlanta office, Leigh worked her way up to becoming the director of 27 office managers throughout 13 offices.
Leigh goes above and beyond her job description on a daily basis and that is ultimately what has led her to the success she has had with Power.
Here are some of the things we discuss in this episode:
- How getting denied from her dream college ended up being one of the best things
- The ups & downs Leigh went through after graduating from college that ultimately lead her to Power Home Remodeling Group
- Accepting criticism and learning to truly appreciate feedback
- Creating processes that make your day-to-day tasks easier and allow you to focus on your big picture
- Going beyond the specified duties of your role
- The one thing to NEVER say in an interview
- What Leigh learned from being the only female in her office for 2 years
- Building relationships with your co-workers in order to communicate more effectively
- The most important piece of advice Leigh has for those looking to advance their career in the corporate world